Nestled in the heart of the Peak District National Park, providing unparalleled access to areas of outstanding natural beauty. Hagg Farm Outdoor Education Centre provides comfortable residential accommodation within the buildings and grounds of a converted 19th Century hill farm.
The John Hunt Base is situated in the courtyard at Hagg Farm and has been refurbished so the whole of the base is wheelchair accessible. The attractive, self-contained unit accommodates up to 18 people in 2-person to 8-person bunk bedded rooms.
The Base provides a lounge, TV/DVD, payphone, showers and toilets (adapted for disabled use), a drying room, and a fully equipped kitchen.
The centre has ample free parking, a field and wildlife garden, a climbing tower, a zip wire and a climbing boulder. There is also access to surrounding woodlands, including orienteering and problem-solving activities.
The centre is located close to rock climbing and caving areas such as Stanage edge and Giants Hole, as well as the Hagg Torr descent cycling route. Walks from the door of the centre lead onto the high moors of Kinder and Bleaklow and around the Ladybower reservoirs and dams. Nearby Chatsworth House, Eyam and Buxton offer a change of pace, and if the city is calling Sheffield is only 20 minutes away.
Just off the A57 (Snake Pass) between Sheffield and Glossop. We are:
- 4 miles from Bamford and 12 miles from Sheffield
- Close to Ladybower/Derwent reservoirs
- Between Kinder Scout and Bleaklow
NGR SK 160 888
The John Hunt Base can accommodate up to 18 people in bunk rooms sleeping up to 8, or a twin bed room.
John Hunt Base:
- Lounge/dining area with TV
- Showers and toilets include wheelchair-accessible wet room
- Fully-equipped kitchen
- Ground level accommodation adapted for disabled user access
Centre wide information:
- Payphone available - limited mobile signal at the centre
- Central heating
- Free onsite parking
- No smoking
- Pets - discuss during booking
- Multiple showers and WC's
- Bedding is provided, please bring your own towels.
- A range of catering packages are available or the accommodation can be booked on a self-catering basis.
Summer season (1 May 2022 – end of summer term 2023) - £356 per night
Winter Season (1 Dec 2022 to 31 Jan 2023) - £307 per night
Standard Season (outside of the above) - £323 per night