All schools and establishments must have a trained Visit Co-ordinator in place and are advised to attend a refresher course every 3 years. We offer both refresher courses and additional courses to help educate local leaders in outdoor education and safety management.
We cover the legal situation, risk assessment, supervision arrangements, insurance, parental consent, outdoor pursuit qualifications and lots more advice.
Training for Visit Co-ordinators
- Learn the national context and importance of outdoor education
- Risk management and risk assessment
- Leader competence and supervision
- Learn responsibilities and duties of a visit coordinator
This course follows the national framework for EVC training
Visit Co-ordinator (EVC) Refresher Training
- Guidance and policy updates
- How to manage routine and non-routine events
- Risk management procedures across a range of activities
- Support in configuring operating procedures using EVOLVE
- Scenario learning
Visit Leader Training
- recognising hazards
- practical risk benefit assessment in the field
- increased competency in risk assessing and risk management
- knowledge and understanding of effective group supervision
- presenting a balanced rational for offsite education
- increased awareness of learning outside the classroom
- an overview of national best practice
- greater confidence and ability to act as a visit leader
This course is for colleagues who lead, or plan to lead, visits off site with groups of young people.