About The Award
The Junior Award Scheme for Schools in particular, has a broad appeal and is easily introduced into various educational settings. JASS Awards is a progressive learning programme for children and young people, it has four sections, different levels of achievement and offers several key benefits:
- The scheme is typically for 5-13 year olds and therefore ideal for primary school children and transitioning to secondary school.
- Can be integrated into the school’s curriculum. This means that the award would have minimal impact on available staff time.
- There are eight possible levels (White to Gold), with four sections (Adventure, Get Active, Stay Active, My interests, Me and my World) which provides a broad level of flexible engagement and progression that could also transition into other awards.
- Promotes and encourages peer mentoring in supporting the delivery of JASS. Reduces demand on staff time and provides opportunities for leadership skills development.
- The cost to school, participants & parents would be minimal. The cost per participant, per award level for groups within Nottinghamshire currently is £10. This would provide an awards folder or access to the scheme through an online system together with achievement certificates and badges.
The scheme promotes a range of worthwhile outcomes including learning new skills, team building, leadership & thinking, increasing confidence & self-esteem and accreditation for your children.
Support To Deliver The JASS Award
Our support package to help you deliver this award includes the following:-.
- Further information as required.
- Initial meeting to discuss how the award can work for your children.
- School assembly to launch the award and enthuse the children.
- School staff Training on using eJASS, the online portal in recording children’s progress. (We would recommend the allocation of a school ‘JASS champion’ to take a lead on this.)
- Delivery of an initial session in school to get you started.
- Facilitating ordering & delivery of award folders and/ or setting up eJASS accounts.
- Bursaries may also be available.
- Access to activity day provision that meets the needs of the Adventure section.
Fill in our online order form to order your packs.
Please contact our awards office to discuss how this and any of the other awards could be of benefit for your children, by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01623 556110