Come and explore the hidden world of the Minibeasts in Sherwood Forest. Discover where these amazing Minibeasts choose to build their homes and look at the diversity of the woodland habitat. Use Minibeasts hunt equipment and keys to identify the different Minibeasts caught. The children will learn how to care for the environment and wildlife around us.
- Walk to the woodland teaching area
- Introduce the activity and how to hunt Minibeasts
- Minibeasts hunt in woodland area
- Gather back together to discuss which creatures have been found
- Walk to a different habitat. Discuss what differences there may be
between the habitat areas in their biodiversity
- Minibeasts hunt in grassland or heathland
- Gather back together to discuss findings
- Walk back to the toilets hand wash and then back to the
Key learning outcomes
- Learn about habitats and the needs of the animals
- Develop compassion and thoughtfulness when handling the Minibeasts
- Understand the term Minibeasts
- Develop and understanding of where Minibeasts live
Book this activity
For more information about booking this activity please contact the relevant centre.Contact centre
Let us build a bespoke visit just for you!
We offer bespoke packages to meet the needs and requirements of your class. Just get in touch with the team.Contact us
Some outdoor clothing and footwear is available at the Centre but please ensure children are dressed warmly with suitable waterproof outerwear. Please dress for the weather. Detailed activity sheets will be provided at the centre for group’s self-leading sessions. Please note all activity programmes may vary depending on number of pupils and their needs, length of visit and weather conditions.