Notts Outdoors have been working in partnership with the RSPB since 2018, providing high quality outdoor learning experiences for 1000’s of school pupils each year. Whether it’s about enhancing or conserving the unique Sherwood Forest national nature reserve or discovering it’s myths and legends, our close working relationship with the RSPB is perfectly placed to share these experiences and principles.
Come and explore this renowned national nature reserve. Sherwood Forest has a wealth of outdoor activities that inspire, enrich and excite all who come to visit. Explore and learn about the legend of Robin Hood and visit the famous Major oak, investigate the animals who live in the woodlands and open areas and the natural habitats this ancient woodland provides, learn about team work and building safe structures in our den building area or try out your map reading skills on our orienteering course.
All sessions can be tailored to your group’s individual needs and age range.
Watch our activity videos to get a taste of action!
- Day Visit
- Situated in Edwinstowe, just off the B6034 and Mansfield Road
- 2.6 miles from Ollerton
- 8.5 Miles from Mansfield
- Large main class room
- Toilets (including disabled access toilets)
- Outdoor log circle for lunch times
- Outdoor bag storage for groups who haven’t booked the class room
- Hot drinks available for small donation
- First Aid kits for sessions and self-led groups
- Parking for coaches in the main RSPB car park is provided for free
Prices start from £7.50 for a full day visit.
Please note prices may vary, please contact the centre for a bespoke quote.