Discover the natural world using your main senses of sight, smell, touch and sound. Your children will then work together to create magic potions and discover the trees of the woodland.
On arrival one of our tutors will welcome your group to the Centre and go through the schedule for the day, learning objectives and health and safety issues.
- Spend the day in the wonderful outdoors as we explore the woodland area around our centre. We'll enjoy a variety activities including:
- Rainbow Chips - collect a variety of natural colours on a sticky “artists palette” to replace the broken rainbow
- Woodland Potions
- Find Your Tree - a blindfold activity
- Prickly Tickly - collect natural items related to a word
- Eye in the Sky - use mirrors to provide different views
- Leaf rubbing - look at the internal structure of leaves
- Badgers Breakfast - fun role play activity, take on the role of a badger and to find out if there is enough food in the area for you to survive
Please note programme might alter slightly depending on the Education Centre visited.
Key learning outcomes
- Discover their senses
- Improve observational skills
- Develop team work skills
- Discover the woodland in a fun way
Book this activity
For more information about booking this activity please contact the relevant centre.Contact centre
Let us build a bespoke visit just for you!
We offer bespoke packages to meet the needs and requirements of your class. Just get in touch with the team.Contact us
Some outdoor clothing and footwear is available at the Centre but please ensure children are dressed warmly with suitable waterproof outerwear. Please dress for the weather. Detailed activity sheets will be provided at the centre for group’s self-leading sessions. Please note all activity programmes may vary depending on number of pupils and their needs, length of visit and weather conditions.