Join us for a fantastic day re-telling old tales in a way like never before...
An engaging mix of role play and outdoor activities create an immersive experience, making the most of the beautiful outdoor surroundings.
Can Jack survive his encounter with a giant? Will the big bad wolf have enough puff?
Traditional tales at Brackenhurst
- Walk to Victorian garden
- Discuss garden features, sit on semi-circle of grass. Choose some children to act out the story. Need an adult ‘Giant’. Read story of Jack and the Beanstalk
- Divide into 3 groups for a circuit of activities:
- plant your own magic beans in your own home made plant pot
- complete a plant hunt challenge to discover the delights of the walled garden
- followed by some digging, sowing, weeding, harvesting in the walled garden depending on time of year.
- Clear away
Traditional tales at Perlethorpe
- Standing under out gigantic lime tree, the children will start their journey looking for 3 little pigs.
- Head out to our storytelling woodland searching for signs and clues. Watch out for the big bad wolf!
- The children will search out the 3 little pig's houses and act out the story in a fun animated way.
- Your class will then head toward an old stone bridge where they might encounter a troll.
- Once safely over the bridge the children will act out the 3 Billy Goats Gruff on the impressive lawns of Thoresby Hall
- Then using Thoresby Hall as the back drop the children will dance their way up to the gates to shout for Cinderella to see if she is home
- Return to the centre for lunch
- Have fun learning outdoors
- Use a range of natural materials to create something artistic
- Begin to understand the structure of a traditional tale.
You may also like...
Book this activity
For more information about booking this activity please contact the relevant centre.Contact centre
Let us build a bespoke visit just for you!
We offer bespoke packages to meet the needs and requirements of your class. Just get in touch with the team.Contact us
Some outdoor clothing and footwear is available at the Centre but please ensure that children are dressed warmly with suitable waterproof outerwear. Please dress for the weather. Detailed activity sheets will be provided at the centre for group’s self-leading sessions. Please note activity programmes may vary depending on number of pupils and their needs, length of visit and weather conditions.