Use natural objects and materials to create pictures and sculptures on the woodland floor. Students will gain an understanding of the difference between natural and man made, whilst developing their imagination in a variety of settings.
- On arrival one of our tutors will welcome your group to the Centre and go through the schedule for the day, learning objectives and health and safety issues
- We’ll then walk to the tranquil woods, and take a seat in the log circle where the tutor will introduce the activity. Students will get to enjoy a walk in the environment, and collect the natural colours of that season by having a go at the Artist Palette activity.
- Re-group back at log circle to discuss and show our palettes before taking part in leaf / bark rubbing pictures
- Time to go on a scavenger hunt and collect a range of natural materials so we can create our own pictures
- Next up is our ‘Boglins’ activity; gather natural materials to help construct our own clay Boglin.
- Then it’s time to head back to the centre
Please note the itinerary may differ depending on which centre you visit.
Key learning outcomes
- Learn about colours and textures in nature
- Enhance observation skills
- Encourage students to be creative
- Develops communication and team work skills
Book this activity
For more information about booking this activity please contact the relevant centre.Contact centre
Let us build a bespoke visit just for you!
We offer bespoke packages to meet the needs and requirements of your class. Just get in touch with the team.Contact us
Some outdoor clothing and footwear is available at the Centre but please ensure children are dressed warmly with suitable waterproof outerwear. Please dress for the weather. Detailed activity sheets will be provided at the centre for group’s self-leading sessions. Please note all activity programmes may vary depending on number of pupils and their needs, length of visit and weather conditions.