Can your class survive? Bring them to our Centre to build a shelter and improve their ability to work as a team. Can they build it safely and will it keep out the rain?
On arrival one of our tutors will welcome your group to the Centre and go through the schedule for the day, learning objectives and health and safety issues.
- Walk to the shelter building area
- Discussion of safety issues and planning a shelter
- Then we'll separate into groups of 5 or 6 and work together to build our shelters - each shelter must:
- be big enough for the whole group
- be windproof (survive the shake test!)
- be waterproof which involves throwing water onto the shelter (with the group inside) to establish its effectiveness
- Time to dismantle our shelters and head back to the Centre
- Personal development
Book this activity
For more information about booking this activity please contact the relevant centre.Contact centre
Let us build a bespoke visit just for you!
We offer bespoke packages to meet the needs and requirements of your class. Just get in touch with the team.Contact us
Some outdoor clothing and footwear is available at the Centre but please ensure children are dressed warmly with suitable waterproof outerwear. Please dress for the weather. Detailed activity sheets will be provided at the centre for group’s self-leading sessions. Please note all activity programmes may vary depending on number of pupils and their needs, length of visit and weather conditions.