What is the difference between climate and weather? During the day your pupils will discover the difference between them. By learning outside they will get the chance to use scientific methods to measure and record wind speed, wind direction, air temperature and soil temperature in four different locations.
On arrival one of our tutors will welcome your group to the Centre and go through the schedule for the day, learning objectives and health and safety issues.
- Pupils divided into 6 groups
- Introduction to the activity and how to use the field study equipment
- We'll discuss what the difference is between the climate and the weather, and what features of the weather we can collect and record
- The class will be separated into small groups to discuss in small groups where features (temperature, wind speed etc) will be higher and lower at the four different sites and why
- Time to explore the different sites
Key learning outcomes
- Develop map reading skills
- Learn key geographical knowledge such as climate
- Learn to use field equipment to conduct own experiments
Book this activity
For more information about booking this activity please contact the relevant centre.Contact centre
Let us build a bespoke visit just for you!
We offer bespoke packages to meet the needs and requirements of your class. Just get in touch with the team.Contact us
Some outdoor clothing and footwear is available at the Centre but please ensure children are dressed warmly with suitable waterproof outerwear. Please dress for the weather. Detailed activity sheets will be provided at the centre for group’s self-leading sessions. Please note all activity programmes may vary depending on number of pupils and their needs, length of visit and weather conditions.