Explore the Christmas Nativity story in a fun role-playing way. Understand the importance for some people to be linked to a religion. Recreate the journey taken by Mary and Joseph to Bethlehem.
- On arrival one of our team team will welcome your group to the Centre and go through the schedule for the day, learning objectives and health and safety issues
- The day will begin with the children talking about the Nativity story
- Mary, Joseph and donkey dress up in costume and walk with the rest of the class through the grounds to pay our taxes. Then all the class can dress up and help to re-enact the story of the birth of the baby Jesus in our own nativity stable.
- After lunch we enjoy an afternoon of Christmas craft making; pine-cone trees or angels, card baubles, ivy leaf wreaths, card gift pyramid
• Learn about the journey taken by Mary and Joseph, and the story behind the Nativity
• Active role-play
• Team work
• Be creative and get crafting
Book this activity
For more information about booking this activity please contact the relevant centre.Contact centre
Let us build a bespoke visit just for you!
We offer bespoke packages to meet the needs and requirements of your class. Just get in touch with the team.Contact us
Some outdoor clothing and footwear is available at the Centre but please ensure children are dressed warmly with suitable waterproof outerwear. Please dress for the weather. Detailed activity sheets will be provided at the centre for group’s self-leading sessions. Please note all activity programmes may vary depending on number of pupils and their needs, length of visit and weather conditions.