Dress up as a Viking child and journey to our Long House deep in the woods. Here you will discover where Vikings came from and what happened to the Vikings of Britain. You’ll travel through time from their first arrival in 789 to their demise in 1066.
On arrival one of our tutors will welcome your group to the Centre and go through the schedule for the day, learning objectives and health and safety issues.
- Guided by the resident Perlethorpe Viking travel back in time to a small Viking settlement!
- Hear tales and learn about Viking life first hand as well as dress up as a Viking. We'll also have a go at trying to complete chores children would be doing 1000 years ago
- We'll separate the class into 3 groups as we take part in some Viking theme activities; flour, jewellery and learning of the feared shield wall
- There will also be the opportunity to examine historical artefacts and create visual timelines.
Key learning outcomes
- Learn about Viking history and main timeline
- Experience life of a Viking child
- Handle historical artefacts
Book this activity
For more information about booking this activity please contact the relevant centre.Contact centre
Let us build a bespoke visit just for you!
We offer bespoke packages to meet the needs and requirements of your class. Just get in touch with the team.Contact us
Some outdoor clothing and footwear is available at the Centre but please ensure children are dressed warmly with suitable waterproof outerwear. Please dress for the weather. Detailed activity sheets will be provided at the centre for group’s self-leading sessions. Please note all activity programmes may vary depending on number of pupils and their needs, length of visit and weather conditions.